Friday, August 20, 2021

Rick Leddy

Click on to enlarge comic


Yoga


I am a swan

Graceful body flowing

Casting slow, controlled ripples on cool mirrored water

Movement forming intersecting concentric circles

that interconnect heaven and earth

Extending beyond

Inhaling the stars 

Exhaling the universe

Looking within

Stretching out

The world a slow, heartbeat metronome

Becoming 

Becoming 


Becoming 

A Hatha Cirque du Soleil gone tragically wrong

My back a stumbling, arthritic French-Canadian acrobat

Arms and legs vibrating to the electric beat of collapse

A shaky frame supporting a burning bowl of Jello

My body suddenly all chaos and no theory

As the All throws an entropic elbow to my temple

Sneering, laughing

Pushing me to the ground

Laughing in my ear

Gravity always wins, bucko

An unsubtle reminder

that the universe is as cruel as an adolescent girl


Oh, but that one brief breath

That beautiful moment of fantastic form

When in my mind’s eye

I am a swan

Possessed of great beauty and grace

Ripples of me extending to unseen shores

Gliding across the quiet divide

The lovely waiting to be swallowed whole

Becoming

Becoming 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

The Power of Water   I sit and I think about all the fantastic forms of water. Ice that cools my drink or a frozen pond where figu...