Friday, August 20, 2021

Jeffry Michael Jensen



My Happy Bear on the Hunt


up and down the aisles in Ralph's

where is the chewy candy?

where is the imported beer?

no joking matter for my happy bear self

caught near the Rubicon of crossroads

smoking out the ashes separated by everything

that is part of the fantastic union of seas

uneasy motion on a high water mark

factors times 4 in the middle of a muddle

grounded before description can take hold

the concept of thrills hanging on a decision

built by the guy who knows the guy

such high-concept talk around a rumor mill

striking when the forest is hot

sniffing around the doorstop to heaven

knocking so loud that all the godly shapes are altered

irony of ironies for a bear seeking to avoid human contact

Necco wafers saving me from original sin

or was it the other way round

going over the falls with nothing but a jock strap on my head

wearing my cloud shoes from the Salvation Army store

I couldn’t keep up with the brown bears

I couldn't get no satisfaction in the form of a door prize

all the fine hikers and bikers and nodding off saints

took too many fomenting tablets on the chin

knowing full well that bearing it all won't change my spots

put me in a better light for holding hands with technology

the naked skin of the ragged mountain droops

hunters leave the scene of a godly crime

visitors take snapshots of the wanton carnage

I was still hungry for justice that could not come

I have grown closer to the tracks that carry my burden

I will remain the bear that wants to be a poet

there is a fantastic recovery just around the corner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

The Power of Water   I sit and I think about all the fantastic forms of water. Ice that cools my drink or a frozen pond where figu...